New York’s largest rooftop solar project is a community solar array open for subscriptions

by admin

New York State’s largest rooftop solar project was recently completed on the roof of the Medline Industries distribution center in Montgomery. The 7.2MW community solar power project was officially completed in May 2023. power flex 1.3 million feet above2 site.

Pre-solar installation at distribution center.

The $8 million+ project was built with a private investment of nearly $5 million from PowerFlex, now owned by Medline Industries. The New York State Energy Research and Development Authority (NYSERDA) provided his over $3 million project support through: New York-Sunis the state’s flagship effort to drive the scaling up of solar power while reducing costs and making solar energy more accessible to homes, businesses and communities.

PowerFlex CEO Raphael Declercq said: “As project developers, we are proud to have contributed to the realization of this record New York rooftop community solar project. PowerFlex and Medline’s longstanding partnership has enabled the installation of multiple solar projects across the country and we applaud their deep and ongoing commitment to sustainability.”

Francesca Oliver, Medline’s vice president of ESG, said: The installation of New York’s largest rooftop solar project at our Montgomery distribution center demonstrates our dedication to making healthcare more sustainable for healthcare workers and their patients across the state. “

Medline’s distribution center, which opened in August 2022, has more than 700 employees delivering products and equipment to healthcare providers such as hospitals, nursing homes and ambulatory surgery centers. The facility will utilize his 40% of the clean energy generated by the solar power project and make the remaining 60% available to about 600 residents. Residents can join the system and receive electricity credits, saving an estimated 10% each month. Empire State Development gave Medline an Excelsior Jobs tax credit of up to $10 million in exchange for a commitment to retain 344 jobs and create 266 new jobs.

Medline recently 6.7MW rooftop system The company’s distribution center in Massachusetts was also developed by PowerFlex.

News article from NY

Related Articles

Leave a Comment